You’re over halfway through January and your new year motivation has worn off, and you feel like you’ve accomplished nothing. It seems like everyone around you is off to a great start, but you feel stagnant, and it hasn’t even been a full month. Maybe you’re just being moody– hey, ovulation is real. Or, maybe, all the anticipation caused you to put too much pressure on this new year. Whatever your deal is, just know that it’s okay to pace yourself.
After all, it’s just January…
Set your goals, but know it’s okay to sit on them before diving right into action. Think them through, so you can determine the best course of action. As an avid goal-setter, trust me; the loftier the goal, the greater the pressure. You simply won’t accomplish it or become this new person overnight. Life’s a journey. This doesn’t mean you can’t dream big! You really can do anything if you put your heart and mind to it. But, those lofty goals need to be broken down into a series of micro-goals in order to come to fruition in the grandest way.
An approach that I’ve found extremely helpful is setting a series of monthly themes paired with goals. In fact, this post marks the end and beginning of the cycle that I started in February 2019. I realized that the same themes are transferable, meaning they can be applied to any year. As I set some serious branding and content goals this year, I’ll certainly be revisiting these themes and setting micro goals around them.
I hope you join me in 2020!
- Fit February: Intention + Action
- Manifestation March: Wellness + Manifestation
- Action April: Action + Consistency
- Momentum May: Consistency + Sacrifice
- Just Be June: Grounding + Clarity
- Jammin’ July: Recreation + Self-Care
- All Out August: Self-Investment + Transformation
- Step It Up September: Style + Lifestyle Upgrades
- Optimum October: Discipline + Self-Love
- No Shade November: Connection + Healing
- Detox December: Cleaning + Goal Setting